Saturday, September 19, 2009

Create and Let Go

As a little girl I was drawn to the canvas of blue above me, a painter's palette of whites, watching the divine sky walk artist create and let go. As a little girl I only had a small seed of recognition of a divine artist. I loved lying on my back and watching the myriads of shapes and expressions that drifted across my mind's eye. I also loved how it all changed in a blink of my eye.

As I grew older, looking up into the blue sky allowed me to escape, to muse, to ultimately allow my growing imagination to embrace the divine artist and co-create mind upon ether. The process taught me to go deep within and surrender the images unto paper and canvas.

Matthew Fox, in his Original Blessing , which is celebrating its 25th anniversary, introduced me to the concept of co-creatorship, that I am a living vibrant prayer of divine energy! What a revolutionary concept that was to embrace and contemplate. It also offered me an affirmation of the incredible joy I would feel getting lost in the creation of a poem or art.

Now, as I enter the second half of my life, sharing the day this picture was taken with a girlhood friend, I looked at this sky, with the deft slices of cloud strokes and my inner being responded to the clarity and simplicity of the sky above me. I became one with the clean, zen like, upward movement of slices of cloud and suddenly I understood. The motion between the divine creator within and the beauty of the present moment were one and the same. And it is goodness embraced by a lifetime of experience.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment