Monday, July 20, 2009

Collage by Iris Brewster

I woke up to a gray Monday morning , the garbage trucks echoed my reluctance to the demands the day had already made; retrieving the sunny disposition within me to make it the best day ever. It may be like a Pollyana but when I decide that my day will be the best day ever magical things happen. Today, my suuny disposition was playing hide and seek with its own shadow.
I received an e-mail from one of my sheroes, a very dear friend who has known me since I was nine years old. In it she wrote, "Letting go and letting God doesn't always get the garbage into the trash bin." Immediately, my shadow found my sunny disposition! How true and how simple it is to balance the shadow with the lighter part of my self. How many of us refuse to step back and give ourselves the space to feel the shadow because we are too afraid that the shadow hides an edge that will trip us into an oblivion. It takes a great deal of courage to stop and confront our own grey day edges, step over them and give our selves the light we need no matter what is facing us. I know so many wombmen in my life that have this courage without being fully conscious of it. Whatever challenge or demand faces them, my sheroes confront each and every one of them with out any expectation of acknowledgement or reward, just the sigh of relief that a care or concern has been abated without a world or two crashing around them. My sheroes do have magic bullets filled with compassion, love, concern and spiritual generosity. Letting Go and Letting God is a partnership that allows them to surrender the garbage to a Higher Purpose knowing that the garbage bin is only a surrender away.

No comments:

Post a Comment